Lab Report

Professor’s comments: Well-written and clear. Interesting lab! Titles should be properly capped. Be sure to label images and reference in the text. Nice graphic of the data. Work on overall design of the entire document. 

The Lab Report was a really useful assignment to experience writing the fundamental aspects on a simple experiment. When I first thought of my topic, I wanted an experiment that would incorporate my friends and be fun to try out. I also thought that choosing this experiment would be useful for the future when picking out which gum brand to buy! My lab lacked design overall and sources of images. A way to have created more design in order to make it easier to read and nicer to look at, I could have added ornaments such as caps, italic or bold text. In my first draft, I lacked factual information on the reason why gum runs out of flavor and I feel like that is an important topic to touch on that will strengthen my experiment’s data. On top of that, I think it was important to also include how companies make their flavors last and the possible differences between each brand of gum. I integrated quotes and added many citations in my introduction and conclusion that helped solidify my experiment. The graphic of the data was also something that was added to the final draft to add clarity to the lab. I think I could have researched even more about the ingredients used and explain those in my discussion. I also think I could have added more visuals on top of the graphic and images for further clarification. However, overall, I really enjoyed conducting this experiment and I think it will help me with my future lab reports in other classes.