Technical Description

Professor’s comments: This is pretty good. I think you could present a little more on the historical and cultural background to make it more complete. The graphics are helpful, as are the explanations. Definitely work on finding better sources. There is better supporting information out there. The writing is okay, but it could use another draft to make it stronger and clearer.

The Technical Description was another assignment that I was not used to writing and had to look over the textbook to see what points I needed to add. I was also having trouble with the word count throughout the paper but I kept thinking about what details I could add to make it more specific. The violin was an instrument/object that I knew from the start that I was going to do since I have been playing for about 14 years now and I really feel like I could write a good description on it.

I actually saw myself writing multiple drafts for this assignment and I was surprised to see that I could have used even another draft to make my writing stronger and clearer. My first draft had little information on the parts of the violin and had to image to direct the reader. However, I added a lot of information on the description and function of all the parts of the violin. I could have strengthened my sources here which is actually one of the course objectives. I could have found better sources that were more reliable to help me explain the violin better. I should have searched more to use more appropriate sources.

The most difficult part of this assignment was how to format it. I was not sure if I should add the description and function of the violin parts in the same paragraph or if I should split them. However, after trying both, I decided to add all the information on the same paragraph because it would be too much back and forth reading if I did not. I also made sure to add sources to my images which means that I finally learned how to do that after the first 2 assignments!